Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ten Techs for the digital living room

Just been reading the bbc news page and they were describing the ten tecs for the digital living room.

This idea has always fascinated me and I have been for the last few years always been dabbling in trying to make my house more techie so to speak..

the first thing they say to get is a home server and low and behold I have one .. in fact the Buffalo link station they are talking about, its great as it just sits next to my Buffalo Technology wireless router and happily serves up files, music or video whenevr I need it, alright it only has a 250gb capacity and I did have some teething problems with the first one I had "it crashed loosing all my data I had on it" but the linkstation is always on "although the software it claims that you can access from anywhere, doesnt work"




Also I use remote software to connect to my pc from anywhere I am and can control the pc using this and can even check my security cameras from anywhere, any It consultancy worth their salt will be able to help you get this up and running and this can be essentially an amazing tool for business's everywhere.


No comments: