Friday, July 06, 2007

Gadgets

Now for anyone who knows me knows that I love gadgets in a big way and i just read on the bbc this comment and now know why I love buying and need to have the newest gadget on show..

"

"It's all about the Scalextric set your mother didn't buy you when you were a child. Now you can buy your own."

The toy shop might have been a disappointment all those years ago, but now you've got your own credit card and you're at the top of your own gift list. And if you really, really want it, you can have it."

from the bbc news Marketing expert at the Henley Management College, David James, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6276910.stm

1 comment:

sdenterprise said...

I am slightly different from you on this one... I got a third hand version of scelectrix (how the hell do ye spell that).

My set no longer had the ability to accept electricity into to it and was leaving much more to the emagination, I would play with my wee hotwheels motor on it as by the time I got it it was truly gubbed.... lol

I still aint that fussed about gadgets though... I think some folks love gadets and others are not really that fussed... You have the best of gadgets and tend to have them when they come out (you should do a gadget blog man)...

Gadgets are funny, I would happily toss my TV right out the window to replace it with a £50 stereo... as long as it makes noises.

but maybe if I have spare dosh one day I would go gadget (go go gadget cash dispenser)...

I hope you are still availible latter to test out that new bar gadget (the beer elbow 1000)... cheers man face.